Product details buyer credit insurance
Object of cover
Buyer credit insurance covers the following claims arising from an export credit contract (buyer credit):
- the claims to repayment agreed in the credit contract against the foreign debtor (the buyer or the buyer’s financial institution)
- claims to reimbursement for ancillary financing costs (including the SERV premium)
- interest receivable until the due date
- default interest during the waiting period
- prepayment penalty (“breakage costs”, costs incurred on the early repayment of a loan)
Claims for damages, contract penalties, compound interest and currency losses are excluded from the insurance.
Period of insurance
The SERV insurance begins on the date when the credit is disbursed. In the case of claims for the reimbursement of ancillary financing costs, liability begins on the due date. The insurance ends on the payment of the last covered loan instalment.
Buyer credit insurance can be combined with supplier credit insurance in the exporter’s favour. In this constellation, supplier credit insurance protects the exporter against the risk that no disbursements are made to the exporter from the buyer credit (nondisbursement risk) after the despatch of the goods or the provision of the services due to the occurrence of an insured risk.